Danny de Hek – Elite6 Business Networking
Like most people, I have many passions, goals and dreams. As a self made business professional, my focus is helping my clients, associates and friends, build, strengthen and maintain their success. It would be fair to say I am in the full time business of building relationships and feel my purpose and skill is connecting the right people with the right people.
My professional work tends to dominate my personal life, to the horror of my friends and business mentor. They fully support me yet give me the hard truths when I need to hear this. I am always investing in my personal development to have a fulfilled work/life balance. I enjoy Target Shooting, Hiking & Mountain Biking to clear the brain and to take the guilt away when indulging at a quirky cafe for a cooked breakfast or brunch.
My passion for travelling has seen me experience the world on many occasions, my next adventure will be doing the Tibet Rail Journey on the Qinghai-Tibet Railway from Lhasa to Golmud as long as they have Wi-Fi aboard. I have many goals I still wish to achieve but am pretty chuffed that I have accomplished so many of these already.
Elite6 Business Networking
Elite6 is an exciting organisation that brings non-competing businesses together each week for an hour of networking. One member gives a 15-minute presentation to the meeting, then each person gets to speak for five minutes about their business while sitting at a table of six.
Tables are mixed each week, so you get to meet different people. Business cards and marketing materials are exchanged, and members are encouraged to meet outside the Elite6 meetings for further discussion about how their businesses might collaborate and/or refer to each other. Several groups meet each week in St Martins, Cashmere, Christchurch City, Rangiora, Waimakariri, Merivale and Queenstown with more groups springing up all the time in other areas.
The benefits of this approach are
- Elite6 connects you to the business community by bringing people together to expand your business contacts.
- Elite6 develops public speaking skills in a comfortable environment.
- You get to promote your service to other members each week and they will refer your service to the wider community.
- Elite6 has an efficient website structure for you to piggyback your business to increase your internet profile.
It’s fun, and it works!
Group Members Networking Information
How does Elite6 differ from its competitors?
- It’s more relaxed – people quickly build rapport so you get more referrals
- You have five minutes to talk about your business.
- The other five members can ask questions throughout your five minutes.
- The meetings are faster – six people talk for five minutes each, so after 30 minutes, you are finished.
- This is a more relaxed and inviting system for introducing new members.
- You decide what you want to talk about.
- You sit with a different group each week.